Tax services

What do we offer?

Public Trust is one of New Zealand's largest tax return agencies and offers a service that can help take the hassle out of calculating tax and completing tax returns.

You may need to file a tax return with Inland Revenue if you earned income other than salary or wages.

We can tell you if you need to file a tax return and check whether you have tax to pay or are due a refund.

Public Trust can only act as a tax agent for a customer when we:

  • have received a signed Tax Agency Agreement
  • are managing the financial affairs of a Personal Assist or PPPR client
  • are administering an estate, or
  • are the administrator or co-trustee of a trust.

How does it work?

Your annual tax return outlines all earnings for the year, any tax paid on income, and any deductible expenses claimed. All you need to do is provide us with your information and we'll do the rest. For a list of information to provide, see our tax return checklist.

Once we have prepared your tax return, we can usually file it electronically with Inland Revenue, which speeds things up.

Why do I need it?

Taxes can be complicated and few people are experts, but it is good to know that help is available from someone who understands the ins and outs.

We make taking care of your taxes easy. Our accountants provide a fast and efficient service - our fees are even tax deductible.

How much does it cost?

Our charges are based on the complexity of your situation and the level of expertise required.

We can provide you with an estimate once we know more about what you need. For more information please see our fees and charges.

Talk to or meet with our experts

We’re here to help if you’d like to discuss getting set up or just want to find out more. Speak to us on 0800 371 471 or get in touch online to arrange an appointment.