Online wills and enduring powers of attorney
Why choose us?
- Public Trust is the most experienced trustee services organisation in New Zealand.
- The online platform is accessible 24/7 and fully secure.
- Our support team is based in New Zealand, available for live chat or a phone call.
- Our services cover all needs – from simple to complex.
- It's quick and easy to complete yourself.
How it works
- Create your account and follow our easy step-by-step process to choose all your options including the executor of your will, the guardians for your children and any beneficiaries of your estate.
- Your document is then created; once paid for, you can download, review and amend it for 30 days.
- When you're happy with your document, make it legally valid. (read more)
Need to know more? Find out about wills and enduring powers of attorney or set a reminder for later.
Remind me later
Make your documents valid
Make your will valid
For your will to be legally valid, it must be printed and physically signed in front of two witnesses. You don't need a lawyer or JP to witness your will, but your two witnesses must be people who don't benefit from the will.
Certify your EPA
Your enduring power of attorney must be certified to be valid. An authorised officer of a trustee organisation (such as Public Trust) or a lawyer or duly qualified legal executive must “certify” you are mentally capable and understand what you are authorising. You must sign in front of this witness. This service is included in your Public Trust EPA. Please note that depending on the donor’s ability to sign these documents, we may require a medical capacity certificate before proceeding with the appointment. If there are any concerns or you are unsure, please contact us.
Online wills start from just $69, and enduring powers of attorney cost $129 each* (or $229 for you and your partner when you get a mirror EPA). Consider adding a statement of wishes for just $39. All prices include GST.
Let’s get this done. Straightforward needs. Simple will.$69
Caters for most common needs. Standard will.$119
Caters for more uncommon needs and structures.$169
|Include children and future children|
|Make conditional on engagement|
|Include or exclude overseas assets|
|Encompass separation and divorce|
|Suitable for a blended family|
|Include your family trust|
|Suitable for business owners|
|Appoint own executors/trustees|
|Divide your estate and nominate back-ups|
|Specify guardians for your children|
|Gift specific items and pets|
|Instruct on distribution of personal possessions|
|Gift your life insurance policy|
|Instruct on management of your business assets|
|Create a mirror will for your spouse/partner (additional cost applies)|
|Customise your estate shares|
|Leave rights to occupy or use assets|
All prices include GST.
* The above price includes a full access to our online platform for you to complete your Enduring Power of Attorney (in relation to property, or in relation to welfare), and in-person certification at one of our Public Trust customer centres only. Additional fees may apply for any incidental works, including any off-site certification of an Enduring Power of Attorney or time spent providing general estate planning advice. All incidental works will be charged on a time and attendance basis. Please contact us at 0800 279 792 for a fee estimate.