Public Trust offers saving and investment options to its customers where it is acting as:
- Trustee or co-trustee of an estate or trust
- Property attorney under an Enduring Power of Attorney for a customer who has lost mental capacity
- Property manager under the Protection of Personal Property Rights Act 1998
The options are not open to members of the public.
What are the options?
- We offer an on-call deposit account to meet customer short term savings needs where a fiduciary relationship exists. Public Trust has a long-term credit rating from Fitch Ratings of AA. This is higher than the major NZ banks.
- Our investment service meets customers long term investing needs and offers different service levels, depending on your circumstances, where a fiduciary relationship exists.
Contact us for more information.
You can view the current interest rates (PDF) for our on call accounts and term deposits (not open to the public).
How does it work?
There are two service levels available within the Public Trust Investment Service:
The key features of each of these service levels are outlined below:
The diversified funds provide investment solutions through a range of Public Trust managed funds. The minimum investment for the diversified funds is $5,000.
The funds are portfolio investment entities (PIEs) that offer tax advantages to investors including tax on investment income being capped at 28%.
Selection of the most appropriate investment solution for customers is determined using our in house investment planning tool. This constitutes class financial advice, not personal financial advice.
We review the circumstances of the customer annually to ensure that the fund in which they are invested is the most appropriate.
Further information on the diversified funds can be found in:
- Information Statement (PDF, 662K B)
- Beneficiary Disclosure Statement (PDF, 229 KB)
- Investment Beliefs and Strategy (PDF, 839 KB)
- Investment Fund Unit prices
- Quarterly Update (31 March 2020)
- Quarterly Update (31 December 2019)
- Quarterly Update (30 September 2019)
- Quarterly Update (30 June 2019) (PDF, 312 KB)
- Quarterly Update (31 March 2019) (PDF, 333 KB)
- Quarterly Update (31 Dec 2018)
- Quarterly Update (30 Sept 2018) (PDF, 537 KB)
- Quarterly Update (30 June 2018) (PDF, 700 KB)
- Quarterly Update (31 March 2018)
- Quarterly Update (31 December 2017)
- Quarterly Update (30 September 2017)
- Quarterly Update (30 June 2017) (PDF, 682 KB)
- Quarterly Update (31 March 2017) (PDF, 682 KB)
- Quarterly Update (31 Dec 2016) (PDF, 524 KB)
- Quarterly Update (30 Sept 2016) (PDF, 469KB)
Contact us if you would like to request previous Quarterly Fund Updates.
Personalised Portfolio Service
The Personalised Portfolio Service is a specialist investment advice service for wholesale trusts with over $1,000,000 to invest, featuring:
- Personalised financial advice from an experienced Investment Adviser
- An investment portfolio using expert investment managers that is tailored to the specific requirements of each trust
- A choice on how much decision making the trustee may delegate to the Investment Adviser
- Custody services
- Comprehensive reporting
Further information on the Personalised Portfolio service can be found in Information Statement.
How much does it cost?
Our charges are based on the complexity of your situation and the level of expertise required.
We can provide you with an estimate once we know more about what you need. For more information please contact us.