NZCGT Education (scholarship) applications
Scholarships will be awarded at a maximum of $5,000 per year for up to 3 years each.
Applications will be open annually from 1 November to 15 December. All open grant applications are accessible here.
For individuals who have been disadvantaged by cults and/or spiritual communities and in particular past residents of the Centrepoint community in Albany and their children. Also those wishing to study in the areas of counselling and education and those studying in areas that may not directly support the objectives of the Trust but are consistent with them. The relevant clauses in the Trust Deed are as follows:
- 2 (a) To support the provision of educational opportunities for the development of work and life skills consistent with the purposes of the Trust.
- 2 (b) To provide scholarships or grants to enable selected participants to increase their knowledge or experience consistent with the objects of the Trust including scholarships or grants for research on the establishment and operation of spiritual communities and/or cults.
Scholarship Terms and Conditions:
The following terms and conditions apply:
- The course of study must be delivered by a recognised Tertiary provider and must be at least 1 year in duration.
- You must be commencing the course of study in 2021.
- In most instances, payment will be made direct to the education provider on proof/confirmation of enrolment. If you require part of the payment to allow you to purchase books, accommodation, computer or travel, this will need to be broken down and clearly shown in your application.
- If a scholarship is awarded for more than 1 year, applicants will be required re-apply annually for continuation of the scholarship this will be outlined to the applicant when the Scholarship is awarded.
- The application form to be completed and submitted via Public Trust online Granting System.
- A copy of your birth certificate, passport or citizenship certificate is required.
- Full course details including annual cost are to be provided.
- The application is to be supported by at least one reference.
- Past academic records and/or other achievements are to be provided where possible.
- Special consideration will be given to applicants who have shown a high level of academic achievement and who through personal or family circumstances would suffer financial hardship by undertaking Tertiary education.
- The value of the Scholarship may differ from year to year and may also differ between applicants.
- The Scholarship may be awarded from one to three years. Continuation of the scholarship if awarded for more than one year is subject annually to Trustee approval. The Trustee reserves the right to change the value of the award and continuation of the award.
- The Trustee reserves the right to withhold the payment of any amounts due under the Scholarship in the event of the misconduct of any person holding the Scholarship.