Estate of Alfred William Parsons
The purpose of the Trust is to apply the income for such charitable bodies and charitable purposes in the area comprised of the Waipukurau Borough, Waipukurau Country and Patangata County (the area of the Waipukurau District Council east of SH2 and the Makarakeke Stream excluding Waipawa township).
Mr Parsons provided an express wish that consideration be given to the maintenance, support, relief or benefit of persons who are in indigent circumstances and unable to adequately maintain and support themselves and their dependents, and also institutions and bodies benefiting the welfare of youth organisations.
The Trust was established following Mr Parsons death in July 1953. The Trust’s income is derived from the Sheep and Beef farm in Waipukurau. The Trust is registered with Charities Services as Estate of Alfred William Parsons under the registration number CC.24222.
Funding eligibility criteria
In order to be eligible to apply for funding from the Trust your organisation needs to be one of the following:
- A registered charity
- A school
- based in or supporting people within the Waipukurau District (as defined)
Individuals, sports organisations and service clubs are not eligible to apply to the Trust and the Trust does not fund overseas projects.
How to apply
The Trust is open for applications from the 1st of November and closing 30 November in 2019, 2020 and 2022
To make an application when the Trust is open for applications please click here.
Terms and Conditions
- Only one application per organisation can be submitted in each grant round.
- Applications for funding are considered by the Trustee, Advisory Trustee and the Board of Directors of the Waipukurau Rotary Club.
- The Trustee’s decision is final.
- Decisions regarding grants are made on the basis of information provided in the application forms, supporting material and other enquiries.
- Grants may be approved subject to certain conditions. In such circumstances the funds will normally be held by Public Trust until the conditions have been met.
- All successful applicants must record the grant in accounts as “Public Trust – The AW Parsons Trust".
- Successful grant applicants may be required to provide the Trust with information for accountability purposes.
- Applications to the Trust must be need to be a minimum of $3,000 and a maximum of $10,000.