David Ellison Charitable Trust
The Trusts Mission Statement
To promote and advance charitable purposes in New Zealand and overseas or other charitable causes through New Zealand charitable organisations with a primary focus on the Christchurch/Canterbury region. Applications of up to a maximum grant of $10,000 will be considered under the contestable grant round and $30,000 in the Innovative Project grant round.
To assist New Zealand charitable organisations to build strong, inclusive and supportive communities with a Christian focus, that:
- Maintain and improve children’s health, education and well-being both in New Zealand and overseas.
- Work to provide preventative education and support and improve the quality of life for at risk families within New Zealand.
- Maintain and improve the quality of life and health aid for families and poverty stricken communities.
- Through New Zealand charitable organisations - provide disaster relief and aid in crisis situations.
Through thoughtful and targeted grant making that either compliments other funding sources or, targets projects where alternative sources of funding are not available.
Grants will focus on supporting organisations and projects that address specific issues and needs relative to the Trust’s Mission Statement
The Trust's grant rounds
The David Ellison Trust has two separate annual grant rounds:
- Contestable Grant Applications 2019 - 1 March to 30 April
Learn more about the contestable grant round here.
- Innovative Project Grant Applications 2019 - 2 September to 31 October
Learn more about the Innovative Project Grant round here.
You can view lists here of previous grant payments made by the Trust.
Public Trust is responsible for administering the David Ellison Charitable Trust. Funding applications are received by the Trustee and considered by the Advisory Board at the annual meeting.
All open grant applications are accessible here.