David Ellison Charitable Trust
Purpose of the Trust
To promote and advance charitable purposes in New Zealand, and to support other charitable causes worldwide through New Zealand charitable organisations with a primary focus on Christchurch/Canterbury region. Applications of up to a maximum grant of $5,000 will be considered.
To assist New Zealand charitable organisations to build strong, inclusive and supportive communities with a Christian focus, that:
- maintain and improve children’s health, education and well-being both in New Zealand and overseas
- work to provide preventative education and support and improve the quality of life for at risk families within New Zealand
- maintain and improve the quality of life and health aid for families and poverty stricken communities
- through New Zealand charitable organisations - provide disaster relief and aid in crisis situations.
Through thoughtful and targeted grant making that either compliments other funding sources or, targets projects where alternative sources of funding are not available.
Grants will focus on supporting organisations and projects that address specific issues and needs relative to the Trust’s Mission Statement.
Contestable Grant Applications 2019
The trust will continue to invite applicants for contestable grants to a maximum limit of $5,000. This grant round will open beginning March 2019, closing end of April 2019.
Special Project Grant 2018
Registered Charitable organisations that are based in Christchurch or supporting services in Christchurch are invited to apply.
- Stage 1: Expression of Interest.
Opens 3 September 2018 and closes 31 October 2018. Apply here.
- Stage 2: Full application.
Successful expressions of Interest will be invited to submit a full application. Opens 1 April 2019 and closes 30 April 2019.