What are the benefits?
Benefits of a Fee Protect Standard Trust. . .
- easy to use - the unique, web-based Fee Protect system is a convenient and reliable tool for managing student details, fees and payments
- flexibility - the Fee Protect system pays providers fortnightly or monthly, students can pay fees in multiple ways, and reports can be ordered online
- tax advantages - it meets IRD criteria for successive supplies for GST purposes; GST is payable when payments are received from the trust account, rather than when paid by students.
Benefits of all Fee Protect trusts. . .
- competitive - Fee Protect is a complete service based on a fee per student enrolled and providers earn interest on money held in trust
- support - customer support is available and training is provided
- approved - Fee Protect meets the requirements of the NZQA Student Fee Protection Policy
- compliance - meets the requirements of the Ministry of Education `Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students' for protection of international students in New Zealand
- security - fees are held in Public Trust's Common Fund. Capital and interest in the Common Fund is guaranteed by the New Zealand Government. For information about the nature and extent of the guarantee, see government guarantee.