Concerns or complaints
We really appreciate your feedback on all aspects of our service and will work with you to resolve any concerns as quickly as possible.
If there is a problem, or feel we have let you down in some way, we would like to know so we can help put it right.
How to get in touch
There are various ways you can contact us directly and securely:
- In person
You can speak with your adviser in person, or if they are not available feel free to speak with the customer centre manager who will be happy to help.
- By phone
You can call us directly on 0800 371 471
Our specialist customer centre staff can help resolve most queries and will be there to answer your call between 8.00am and 5.30pm, Monday to Friday. You can leave a message outside these hours and we will make sure we get back to you.
If you're calling from overseas you can reach us on +64 3 977 7956 (international call charges may apply), or fax us on +64 3 977 7901.
- By email
You can email us on email@example.com
- Or write to us at
Public Trust Customer Complaints
PO Box 31543
Lower Hutt 5040
What happens next?
Through our internal complaints process we will:
- Promptly acknowledge that we have received your complaint.
- Review your complaint and work to address your concerns as quickly as possible.
- If we have not been able to resolve your complaint within ten working days, we will contact you to update you on our progress and when you can expect to hear from us again.
- Complete our investigation and respond to you with our findings.
- If you are not satisfied with the complaint outcome we will escalate your complaint to our senior management team for review.
If we are unable to resolve matters through our internal process, you may wish to contact our external dispute resolution provider, Financial Services Complaints Limited:
|Freephone:||0800 347 257|
Financial Services Complaints Limited
If your complaint concerns the conduct of an Authorised Financial Adviser in relation to the Code of Professional Conduct for Authorised Financial Advisors, you can contact the Financial Markets Authority:
- Financial Markets Authority
0800 434 566